Tips to Make your Wedding Day Special
With coastlines bathed in the prismatic blue Mediterranean waters, mountains reaching the heights of the sky and valleys flowing with unique wildflowers, Cyprus is one of Europe’s most sought-after wedding destinations.
The third-largest island in the entire Mediterranean and Aphrodite’s birthplace, the mythical personification of love, Cyprus provides the perfect venue for any kind of ceremony and honeymoon.
There are so many reasons why Cyprus wins the heart of couples wishing to marry abroad:
- Short flying time from all European countries.
- Significantly lower costs compared to marrying in other countries.
- Simple marriage formalities with worldwide legality.
- Wedding certificate given at the ceremony on the same day.
- Ease of last-minute arrangements.
- English is widely spoken.
- Stunning variety of different wedding venues including beaches, yachts, castles, museums, wineries and traditional villages.
- A range of bespoke, themed and packaged weddings all available on the island. Traditional Cypriot village weddings that follow the local customs are available for something different and unique.
- The location allows a wedding, blessing and/or renewal of vows to be combined with holidays and honeymoons.
- Professional municipal wedding officers are available to help plan your ceremony.
- Highly experienced and professional wedding planners are available to help create the wedding of your dreams, in all price ranges, including customized bespoke weddings.
- A wide range of accommodations to suit all budgets, from five-star resorts to self-catering apartments.
- Family and friends can combine a wedding with a holiday.
- Delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
- Warm and welcoming culture.
- Cyprus is widely recognized as the ‘Island of Love’, identifying brides with the Goddess of Love and Beauty, Aphrodite, who was born on the island.
- Diverse activities including water sports, golf, sailing, horse riding, walking, cycling and even skiing and snowboarding in winter.
Municipality and Religious Wedding Venues
All towns and cities in Cyprus have their own municipal offices where you can acquire your marriage licence, if you are planning a civil ceremony. If you prefer a religious ceremony, you must first apply for your marriage licence at the municipal offices and then make arrangements for the ceremony to take place at the religious venue of your choice. Click on the links for a full list of municipal offices and religious venues.
Everything at Your Fingertips
You can find a complete range of the services you need for your wedding and/or honeymoon across the island; there are teams of professionals in all sectors who are ready to help your wedding dream become a beautiful reality.
From start to finish, you will find everything to make your day complete, including:
- Wedding coordinators
- Wedding certificates
- Invitation design and printing
- Florists (bouquets & arrangements)
- Music (live, DJs, traditional, etc.)
- Wedding dresses/bridesmaids’ dresses
- Groom’s suit
- Wedding rings
- Guests’ gifts
- Wedding cake
- Photography & video
- Reception venues
- Limousines/antique cars/carriages
- Guest transportation/car hire/accommodations
- Makeup and hair stylists
- Fireworks, balloons and special effects
- Stag & hen nights
- Honeymoon arrangements
- Catamaran trips/receptions/parties
The Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) participates in wedding exhibitions in various locations throughout the year where you can find out more about marrying on the island and how your perfect wedding day can unfold under the sun.
For more detailed information and assistance with the wedding procedure, contact your tour operator, travel agent, hotelier or Cyprus wedding planner.